Welcome to the International Sports Engineering Association (ISEA).
ISEA serves the global community of sports engineers by promoting the technical aspects of sports engineering and by providing a collaborative environment for the collecting and dissemination of knowledge in the field of sports engineering and technology. It is open to individual and corporate membership.
Joining the ISEA
You can join the ISEA by completing the form below. You should indicate how you wish to make payment at the bottom and supply your details if you wish to pay by credit card. The subscription fee for 1 Jan - 31st December 2013 is £80 for renewals/applications received by 31st January 2013, £100 thereafter. This will entitle you to membership to the ISEA and you will receive copies of Sports Engineering for that year (4 copies) published by Springer.
Student membership: Students can join the ISEA for a fee of £10 for renewals/applications received by 31st January 2013, £20 thereafter. Students will not receive copies of the journal.
Comments from the President
Kim B. Blair, Ph.D., Vice President, Cooper Perkins, Inc.
The International Sports Engineering Association is well into its second decade of existence. During the early years, the field of sports engineering worked hard to define itself as a recognized academic discipline as well as professional field in the sports industry. Today, the field is largely recognized as a distinct discipline of engineering as evidenced by annual international conferences, numerous regional and technical specific conferences, and four distinct journals.
The International Sports Engineering Association serves the rapidly growing community of sports engineering academics and practitioners by promoting the field of sports engineering through information sharing between members, the publication of the journal Sports Engineering, the production of the biannual conference, The Engineering of Sport, and support of the biannual conference the Asia-Pacific Conference on Sports Technology. We invite you to contribute your work to our journal and conferences.
The ISEA maintains two databases as a service to its membership. The first is our member database, and the second is a searchable research database of sports engineering publications. Both of these databases are very useful for research and product innovation initiatives.
We invite you to browse the ISEA website and discover the field of sports engineering. And we hope you consider joining our community and the ISEA.
The ISEA Annual General meeting took place 14th July 2012 in Lowell, USA during the 9th International Conference on the Engineering of Sport. The following were voted to stand as the ISEA Executive Committee 2012-2014.
Executive Committee 2012-2014
- President: Kim B. Blair, Ph.D., Vice President, Cooper Perkins, Inc.
- Past President: Professor Alan Bramley, The University of Bath, UK
- Treasurer: Dr Daniel James, Griffith University, Australia
- Secretary: Miss Heather Driscoll, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Professor Takeshi Asai, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Dr Andy Harland, Loughborough University, UK
- Dr Arjen Jansen, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Lionel Manin, INSA-Lyon, France
- Professor Motomu Nakashima, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Professor Nicola Petrone, University of Padova, Italy
- Dr Anton Sabo, Fachhochschule Tecknikum Wien, Austria
- Professor Veit Senner, Technical University, Munich
- Dr Lloyd Smith, Washington State University, USA
Journal Editorial Team
- Journal Editor: Dr Martin Strangwood, University of Birmingham, UK
- Assistant Editor: Dr Tom Allen, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Assistant Editor: Dr Simon Choppin, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Administrative Officer: Amanda Brothwell
A copy of the ISEA Constitution can be found here.